Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Getting Fit for the Trip (Update #1)

Well, after sticking with the workout that I described in my last post on this subject, I finally got to the point where I was just sitting on a plateau because I couldn't keep pushing my body over the line due to concerns of crushing myself under falling weights (no spotter).

I finally broke down and signed up again with a Personal Trainer.  My wife has been using one since January and has made remarkable improvements.

Well, now I have a new dietary menu that I'm being asked to try and stick to

Meal #1

  • 1.5 cups of high fibre cereal
  • 2 cups of skim/1% milk
  • 1 protein shake
  • 1 serving of fruit or glass of fruit juice
  • 1 serving of flax seed oil
  • 2 amino acid tablets

Meal #2

  • Meal Replacement Shake

Meal #3

  • 1.5 cubs of whole wheat pasta (pre-cooked weight)
  • 6 oz of lean meat (post cooked weight)
  • 1 cup of green vegetables
  • Low fat cheese (optional)
  • 1 serving of flax seed oil
  • 2 amino acid tablets

Meal #4

  • Meal Replacement Shake

Meal #5

  • Same as Meal #3

Meal #6 (if hungry)

  • Protein Shake (optional)

This is a very doable diet, but it's hard for me to stick to because I'm lazy and it involves my cooking the meat.  If I can get my butt into gear, I'll precook a weeks worth of meat.

On top of the diet, I'm being asked to do 20 minutes of jogging 3 times a week.  I know realize how much I'm out of shape.  I have a hard time keeping myself moving for 20 minutes.

The embarrassing part was my first workout with the trainer.  I have a hard time pacing myself and go all out.  Well 30 minutes into the workout the room started to get a bit foggy and I couldn't catch my breathe.  I went to stand up and.....

Lights out!

I felt as guilty as I was embarrassed so about an hour later, I was on my treadmill doing cardio to make up for not doing my full hour of weight training.

Well it's been a few days now and I can say that I AM HUNGRY all the time.  I was never much for eating because it got in the way of things like work.  So I typically ate only dinner.  Now that I'm eating 3 times a day, I feel like my body is just craving food.

To me, fitness is important but hard to maintain.  But when it comes to Disney, I find that I enjoy the parks so much better when I'm not bent over with my hands on my knees sucking wind just to breathe

Technorati Tags:

No comments: