There was a big fat padded envelope in the box just screaming, "Open me!"
The envelope contained my welcome packet for MouseFest. Inside was all the goodies that my $30 ($15 each) got me.
- MouseFest Pocket Guide
- Cloisonné pin
- Name Badge (touting Grumpy's Hollow)
- Wristband for Mega-Meet Raffle
This package is really helping me get into the spirit of MouseFest. For those who have had conversations with me in the past month, they know that my ability to go to MouseFest has been on and off. Well, it's definite now and it has been decided that this is to be a mutual Christmas gift to my wife and me.
My wife and I have picked various meets that each of us want to do. Some are mutually desired, others are compromises to keep each other happy. For example, the Beauty and the Beast meet and greet put on by the Mouse Guest guys is one my wife really wants to do but I am a bit so-so about.
So, if you are one of my Grumptastic readers, who comes back frequently to get a healthy dose of that which my high school English teacher would've most likely laughed at, then be sure to say, "Hi" and introduce yourselves if you bump into me or my wife at MouseFest.
Bloggers, such as myself, love all the Disney Geek love that we can get. Typically, that is in the form of comments on our blogs, but in the case of MouseFest, we can expand that to include a handshake, a hello, and maybe a compliment or two if warranted. After all, we are doing this as much for you all as we are doing it to hear ourselves speak......haha.
But when it comes to things that I'm excited about, I am psyched about:
- Getting to finally meet some of my favorite bloggers and tell them, in person, thank you
- Getting to meet Andy and George of Imaginerding: The Home of the Disney Geeks. I have gotten to know them over these past few months via the fabulous technological advances that make up the 21st century (e-mail, instant messaging, and VoIP), but we've never met in person
- Getting to see my friend Tim Devine again.
- I am most looking forward to this: