Saturday, October 6, 2007

Devine Inspiration #6......Comes with a Spoiler Warning

TMIP Madam Leota

Well, I have been a bit remiss on doing my weekly Devine Inspiration feature since I left for Walt Disney World in early September.  Life and my trip reports sort of got in the way.

So, in honor of the Re-Haunting of Disney World's Haunted Mansion while I was on my vacation, I'm choosing today's Devine Inspiration from the batch newly minted during Tim's visit to Walt Disney World in honor of EPCOT's 25th Birthday.

As you can see, to the left, I have chosen the newly floating Madam Leota crystal ball.  Anyone who has armed themselves with a camera and boarded a doom buggy knows how painfully difficult it can be to not only get your camera to auto-focus on anything within Gracey Manor, but it's also difficult to walk out with anything "frame-worthy".

Tim's entire album related to the newly Re-Haunted Mansion is one pictorial example after another on why a flash Madam Leotais not flattering inside a dark ride such as the Haunted Mansion.  If you have seen any of the countess examples of photos taken with a flash that were published after the grand re-opening, you'll see the dramatic difference Tim's pictures possess.

Actually, when I first saw them, I thought to myself that his photographic capture of these scenes were far more brilliant in color and vivid than what I saw with my own, naked eye from the doom buggy.

Now, I offer up my attempt at the same shot for your enjoyment

No comments: