Monday, December 8, 2008

Celebrations Magazine Issue #2 – Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights

 

CelebrationsLogo

What would the Christmas holiday season be without the lights?  From a single strand of multi-colored bulbs surrounding a front door, to a Christmas tree adorning the front window of a house, lights have become a major part of family decorating traditions.

Some people take the level of holiday luminescence to extreme heights.  These folks plan elaborate displays that the neighbors go out of their way to see when they are on their nightly strolls or driving through the neighborhood.  They spend as much time designing outdoor displays as a person would put into planning a wedding.  Common annoyances such as increased power bills, tangled strands of lights and the frustration of chasing down that one burned out bulb don’t seem to deter them.

For some people, lighting displays are all about the celebration and sharing it with their communities.  For others, it’s all about the challenge of building a display that tops the past Christmas.  Their passion drives them to make bigger and bigger displays that eventually garner the attention of the national press and turn the neighborhood into the Christmas version of a drive through safari zoo.

And that is how my second article for Celebrations Magazine begins.  As you may guess, it’s about the fabulously glittery Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights that can be enjoyed at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Issue #2 is the Holiday Extravaganza.

I have provided a scan of the first two pages of my article just to give you all, my fabulous readers of Grumpy’s Hollow, a glimpse of the visual eye candy that accompanies the articles in this magazine.  The pictures for my article were provided by Tim Devine.  But there are 80 pages of other fabulous articles from Lou Mongello, Tim Devine, Glenn Whalen, Steve Barrett, John Rick, Cara Goldsbury, Pat WhitsonBeci Mahnken, and Tim Foster (or course).  Accompanying these articles is fabulous eye candy provided by such lens-people as Tim Devine and Barrie Brewer, and others.

If you haven’t had a chance to read a copy of Celebrations Magazine and love to read about the Walt Disney World theme parks and all that goes with a vacation within it’s borders, I strongly suggest you check it out.  I’m not saying this just because I am a writer; I’m saying it because it’s “Geek Approved!

If you don’t have a friend with a copy, you can always head over to the Celebrations Press (http://www.celebrationspress.com) website and order a back issue.

 

Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights

 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice. I'm hoping my copy arrives in time for me to read on the plane on Wed as I head for Mousefest.

Looking forward to issue 2

Unknown said...

I'm hoping you receive your copy before you head out to MouseFest as well. I have a feeling there will be a few people traveling with a copy of their magazine

.

Tim said...

still haven't gotten mine yet, but congrats on another great piece.

Unknown said...

It arrived yesterday. Perfect timing. I haven't read any of it yet but the photos are certainly beautiful.