Friday, April 4, 2008

Grumptastic Links: Now for Something Completely Different

Well, I intended to blog this link to my sister-in-law's blog about her little family because she had a great time with a out-of-the-blue request to go to lunch at Downtown Disney at Disneyland with her mother and her mother's husband (my mother-in-law).

So, if yo want to check out a great post about someone who got a really last minute day trip to Disneyland from the eyes of a local, check out this post.  It's also nice because a good majority of the day was a day of fun and pampering to my niece, Regan, who often happily takes the back-seat to her very sick brother, Collin.  I felt it important to blog this so Regan can get some much deserved attention because she's as much of a Disney fan as your bother:

I love unexpected fun days!

Now for the part of the post that warranted my Monty Python reference.

We all know that Lou Mongello's Dream Team Squad's purpose in life is to try and raise mucho dinero that ultimately goes into the coffers of The Make-A-Wish Foundation in order to send extremely sick kids and their families to Disney.

Well, I don't know if all of you may know but Make-A-Wish does more than just send kids to the Happiest Place on Earth.

I have blogged many times about my nephew Collin who suffers from a very rare and very debilitating genetic disorder.  He already received a gift from Make-A-Wish several years ago, but as my sister-in-law's post indicates that once you are welcomed into the Make-A-Wish family, the gifts keep coming.

Well, Collin and guests got invited to go watch the opening game of the LA Galaxy (you know the soccer team the lured David Beckham to the United States).

Check out the blog post and see what other once-in-a-lifetime events Make-A-Wish does with our donation dollars:

We LOVE LA Galaxy and Make A Wish!!!

I know there is plenty of altruistic motivations to help Pat and her team with the Dream Team Auction at MagicMeets, but I thought I would provide another great perspective of this great organization.

2 comments:

Craig Wheeler said...

More to think about while I run. Thanks for sharing. See you at Magic Meets.

Princess Fee said...

Wow - thank you for sharing that! It's great to see what amazing things Make-A-Wish can do - truly brilliant! Looks like Collin had a fantastic time (and who could blame him).
Yet another reason to support the Make-A-Wish Foundation (and the Dream Team Squad).